Northern Kentucky Workforce Innovation Awards recognizes local youth, dislocated workers, businesses and workforce professionals.
Florence, KY, September 12, 2018 – The Northern Kentucky Workforce Investment Board (NKWIB) in partnership with Cummins Filtration and Duke Energy hosted the 7th Annual Workforce Innovation Awards ceremony at The Madison Event Center, Covington, KY.
Speaking to the collection of local elected officials, business leaders and workforce development professionals, President/CEO of the Catalytic Development Fund Corporation, Jeanne Schroer, revisited the Catalytic Funds involvement in extensive process and complicated agreements that allowed the Kentucky Career Center to move from Garrard Street to Madison Avenue in 2014 and the resulting revitalization of the Madison Avenue corridor.
TANK General Manager and NKWIB Chair, Andrew Aiello emphasized in his comments the importance of the unique partnership between public and provide sectors and the services delivered through the regional Kentucky Career Centers. He linked the board’s mission of supporting economic development, connecting education and training to employment, and meeting current and future employment needs to the services provided at the local career centers.
The Workforce Innovation Awards recognized and honored those who have made an impact on Northern Kentucky’s workforce talent and development efforts, and individuals who have successfully moved forward on their career pathway and in their employment goals. Nominations were solicited from the Kentucky Career Center, NKWIB, local businesses, and community partners. The winners were:
- Rebecca Miller-Selby was recognized as the 2018 Outstanding Adult/Dislocated Worker Alumnus.
- Sage Auer was recognized as the 2018 Outstanding Youth/ Young Adult Alumnus.
- Linda Smith was recognized with the 2018 Outstanding Kentucky Career Center Alumnus.
- Life Learning Center accepted the 2018 Outstanding Workforce Collaboration Award, Community Partner.
- Castellini Group of Companies and Sarah Hartloff received the 2018 Outstanding Workforce Collaboration Award, Employer.
- Melinda Ford-NKADD was awarded the 2018 Outstanding Workforce Employee of the Year.
Congratulations to all the NKWIB’s Workforce Innovation Award nominees and recipients.