Meet Alicia who became enrolled in the WIOA (Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act) program in 2018 with the intention of training at the Institute of Medical Technology for her Medical Assisting Certification. Alicia enjoys helping people, as well as the fast pace that comes with working in the medical field. Alicia enjoys assisting people and having a positive impact on someone’s life. That is meaningful to Alicia, and it helps motivate her. Alicia got approved to go to the Institute of Medical Technology and started training in 2019. Alicia has always had a passion for the Healthcare field. Her previous employment consisted of Personal Care Assistant positions. However, Alicia supports her five children, and she was looking for something more, she wanted a better opportunity with higher wages. She worked long hours and wanted an improved work/life balance. Alicia felt that it was time to make a positive change in her life and obtain a credential. In 4 short months, Alicia received her Medical Assisting certification in Summer of 2019. During this time, Alicia grew in professionalism. She even received certifications for HIPPAA Omnibus Training and OSHA Training as well.
Alicia came into the WIOA program, knowing that she wanted an opportunity, and she was going to do whatever it takes to get it. Alicia was driven and motivated to obtain that self-sufficient career she wanted. After she successfully received her Medical Assisting Certification, she began working for an amazing hospital as a Medical Assistant in the Pediatric Surgery Department. During this pandemic, she has been an essential employee and continues to help people because that is her passion. Alicia is happy being a Medical Assistant and proud of her achievements.
- ABM will be at our Career Center in Covington one week from today! Come see us to learn more about their open posi… http://t.co/CbXblQFt0f 2 hours ago
- Atrium is seeking a full-time Front Desk Supervisor to carry out smooth operating procedures, assist with recruiti… http://t.co/deJervYtnd 4 hours ago
- ASM Global has an excellent & immediate opening for an Operations Manager at BB&T Arena in Highland Heights, KY. Wa… http://t.co/pX3iHPLLHg 1 day ago
- We were excited to welcome our very first Commonwealth Coders cohort of participants/students for a Program Orienta… http://t.co/iuPT6eFR6F 1 day ago
- We have a great lineup of employers for our In Demand Career Days this week. Stop by our Covington location at 1324… http://t.co/CFKBPlS2dw 3 days ago
- Do you have at least 1 yr. of transportation management experience in the food distribution industry & knowledge ab… http://t.co/DaS5bDZg0P 3 days ago