Meet Alicia who became enrolled in the WIOA (Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act) program in 2018 with the intention of training at the Institute of Medical Technology for her Medical Assisting Certification. Alicia enjoys helping people, as well as the fast pace that comes with working in the medical field. Alicia enjoys assisting people and having a positive impact on someone’s life. That is meaningful to Alicia, and it helps motivate her. Alicia got approved to go to the Institute of Medical Technology and started training in 2019. Alicia has always had a passion for the Healthcare field. Her previous employment consisted of Personal Care Assistant positions. However, Alicia supports her five children, and she was looking for something more, she wanted a better opportunity with higher wages. She worked long hours and wanted an improved work/life balance. Alicia felt that it was time to make a positive change in her life and obtain a credential. In 4 short months, Alicia received her Medical Assisting certification in Summer of 2019. During this time, Alicia grew in professionalism. She even received certifications for HIPPAA Omnibus Training and OSHA Training as well.
Alicia came into the WIOA program, knowing that she wanted an opportunity, and she was going to do whatever it takes to get it. Alicia was driven and motivated to obtain that self-sufficient career she wanted. After she successfully received her Medical Assisting Certification, she began working for an amazing hospital as a Medical Assistant in the Pediatric Surgery Department. During this pandemic, she has been an essential employee and continues to help people because that is her passion. Alicia is happy being a Medical Assistant and proud of her achievements.
- Do you have 3 yrs. of experience in manufacturing? Associate's Degree? Proficient in computer skills & able to read… http://t.co/unJW9EfBh9 10 hours ago
- Join us at Owen County Public Library on February 25th (2:00-4:00) for a DRIVE-THRU HIRING EVENT with FedEx Ground!… http://t.co/J2ff18YqoZ 10 hours ago
- Castellini is hiring! They will be doing interviews, by APPOINTMENT, at our Career Center in Covington on March 9t… http://t.co/j6p2KU0pml 1 day ago
- McLane is hiring CDL Drivers. These positions offer very competitive pay! Learn more by attending their upcoming… http://t.co/bsutULrnG5 1 day ago
- ATTENTION EMPLOYERS! You are invited to join our upcoming Discover KCC, a virtual orientation to the KY Career Cen… http://t.co/F4dBnkJiN3 2 days ago
- Join us at Owen County Public Library on February 25th (2:00-4:00) for a DRIVE-THRU HIRING EVENT with FedEx Ground!… http://t.co/MLIIPBAA6I 5 days ago