Meet Alicia who became enrolled in the WIOA (Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act) program in 2018 with the intention of training at the Institute of Medical Technology for her Medical Assisting Certification. Alicia enjoys helping people, as well as the fast pace that comes with working in the medical field. Alicia enjoys assisting people and having a positive impact on someone’s life. That is meaningful to Alicia, and it helps motivate her. Alicia got approved to go to the Institute of Medical Technology and started training in 2019. Alicia has always had a passion for the Healthcare field. Her previous employment consisted of Personal Care Assistant positions. However, Alicia supports her five children, and she was looking for something more, she wanted a better opportunity with higher wages. She worked long hours and wanted an improved work/life balance. Alicia felt that it was time to make a positive change in her life and obtain a credential. In 4 short months, Alicia received her Medical Assisting certification in Summer of 2019. During this time, Alicia grew in professionalism. She even received certifications for HIPPAA Omnibus Training and OSHA Training as well.
Alicia came into the WIOA program, knowing that she wanted an opportunity, and she was going to do whatever it takes to get it. Alicia was driven and motivated to obtain that self-sufficient career she wanted. After she successfully received her Medical Assisting Certification, she began working for an amazing hospital as a Medical Assistant in the Pediatric Surgery Department. During this pandemic, she has been an essential employee and continues to help people because that is her passion. Alicia is happy being a Medical Assistant and proud of her achievements.
- Maxim is looking for 2 driven individuals who understand the importance of hard work, continuous development & dedi… http://t.co/l7slW4WoV7 4 months ago
- There's a lot happening next week at KY Career Center-NKY! On Monday alone, Wagstaff will be at KCC-Covington & Ar… http://t.co/KEQKx3xMY4 4 months ago
- Employers: mark your calendar! Coming in November, the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and NKY - Society of… http://t.co/MXExjPT14x 4 months ago
- 👷♂️Nucor is hiring! This position will be responsible for maintaining the facility electrical & control systems. D… http://t.co/QW4Lhu3bMz 4 months ago
- FedEx will be at our Career Center in Covington this Thursday! Make plans to stop by to see what awesome jobs they… http://t.co/k9N0CnGu06 4 months ago
- Do you have at least one 1 yr. of administrative experience? Are you customer service driven, detailed oriented, ha… http://t.co/orXdHGvDxX 4 months ago