COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
KCC Operations and Resources
Current Status Update – 3.30.2020 | 4:00pm
3/18/20 – While virtual services will still be available to customers, All Kentucky Career Centers will close their doors to the public. These closures now include the locations of Covington, CVG, Florence, Williamstown, and Carrollton.
VIRTUAL SERVICES ARE STILL AVAILABLE TO JOB SEEKERS AND EMPLOYERS through online, phone, chat, and email formats. To contact a specialist for career services or guidance, you can reach a specialist at (859) 292-6666 or by contacting the KCC.
If you are laid off due to the Cononavius outbreak, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance. To get started, visit Unemployment Insurance Resources and FAQs.
COVID-19 Resource Pages
- NKY Health Department – for up-to-date information (including printable flyers/ checklists) on HOW TO PREPARE, COVID-19 IN THE WORKPLACE, RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HIGH-RISK POPULATIONS, WHEN TO SEEK CARE, and WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE SICK.
- NKY Chamber of Commerce – providing up-to-date information to ensure the safety of its members and our region.
- NKY Tri-ED – providing information and assistance to companies and employees in the Northern Kentucky region and the Commonwealth of Kentucky in response to COVID-19.
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- 3/16/20 – Governor Andy Beshear issues directive of all in-person government services to close, effective by 5:00 pm on Tuesday 3/17/20.
- 3/16/20 – UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE filing process revised by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as well as the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Effective 3/16/20, CVG Career Center– this center relocated services from its current location at the Cincinnati/ Northern KY International Airport to the Kentucky Career Center (located at 8020 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence, KY, 41042), effective Monday, March 16th. Services previously provided out of the CVG Career Center will now be offered virtually at the Florence location (the office is closed to the public). This decision was made in partnership with the Kenton County Airport Board. The estimated timeframe of this relocation has not been determined and may be updated as new developments occur. At this time, there are no other plans to modify services/locations at any other Kentucky Career Centers in the area, including Covington, Williamstown, Florence, or Carrollton.
- Effective 3/12/20, Active Heath/Safety Measures are in Place at all Kentucky Career Center locations– immediate action steps have been taken, including the implementation of sanitizing stations, enhanced janitorial services/extensive wipe-downs of surfaces, social distancing, and other critical safety precautions, are provided at all Kentucky Career Center locations, to support the health and well-being of customers and staff. Additionally, informational and instructional signage is prominently displayed throughout all career centers in designated customer and staff areas
- Effective 3/12/20, Job Fairs, hiring events, classes, and other community group events- events that involve groups, or a large number of attendees may be subject to rescheduling or changing to a virtual/online/digital format, when possible. These changes may be a result of directives from local, state, and/or national governments. The following events have been postponed or canceled as a result of these developments: CVG Job Fair (postponed), the Expungement Fair (canceled) to name a few. Please visit the event calendar for more details on event postponements or cancellations.
- Gateway Rehabilitation Hospital in Florence is hiring FULL-TIME registered nurses, offering a potential $5,000 BONU… http://t.co/f4UEnxbEno 2 days ago
- FedEx Express in Hebron is hiring a part-time, PM courier. Starting pay is $18.31/hr. Learn more & apply:… http://t.co/9CDntJ0NNv 3 days ago
- @roberthalf is hiring 35 customer service representatives! 😱 These positions are temporary and remote (for now), bu… http://t.co/j7xOCKDvnI 4 days ago
- 🔔 For those filing, but are unsure of your weekly benefits amount, take advantage of the Weekly UI Benefits Calcula… http://t.co/cg7DWChKtR 5 days ago
- @_SpectrumJobs in Covington has THREE open positions for FULL-TIME account executives. Learn more & apply:… http://t.co/nVFOSRJlks 5 days ago